Skin care for men is an area that we are passionate about! Many of the skin care products out in the marketplace today, including ours, focus on women. What many men may not realize is that skin care for men can have practical, as well as, cosmetic applications.
Practical Skin Care Tips For Men
- Shaving - Lets just start with a basic fact about men. Most of you shave your face on a daily basis! That is a lot of time spent aggravating your skin. With proper skin care you can help prevent razor burn, ingrown hairs and sensitive skin problems. When considering a skin care regiment, look for a product that will help to moisturize, smooth, firm and tone your skin which will make your daily shave much more comfortable.
- Blackheads and Blemishes – Most men do not use any kind of toner or other skin care products. This can result in men having larger pores. Skin toners help to clean and tighten the pores on your face which can help keep dirt and other grime out. A good skin toner should contain an astringent such as ethyl alcohol.
- Exfoliate Your Skin – Exfoliating your skin means to use some kind abrasive material to remove the top layer of dead skin cells. You can use your normal soap with a loofah or can select a product made especially to exfoliate skin. There are also exfoliates that contain mild acids that assist in removing dead skin.
- Sun Damage and Skin Cancer – Not using a SPF 15 sunscreen at all times is just asking for trouble. Most men think of sunscreen when they are out on the golf course or hit the beach, BUT a lot of damage is done when you are not thinking about. Make sure to use sunscreen EVERY DAY to help reduce the chances of skin cancer.
- Looking Younger – Let’s face it, we all want to look as young as we feel. Most men do not realize that taking care of your skin can help to reduce the signs of aging and reduce wrinkles and fine lines. Our best anti-aging skin care product, Great Results® Facial Serum guarantees that you will see visible improvement in your appearance within 45 minutes of your first application!
So there you have it, skin care tips for men are not all about being pretty, they are also about providing comfort, promoting good health and helping keep a more youthful appearance as we age. Because most of the effective skin care products are marketed to women, you may have to step out of your comfort zone and purchase something made for women. If you can set your prejudices against pink and flowers aside, you may find that your skin is healthier and more youthful looking than it has been in years!